Saturday, October 20, 2007

Dan in Real Life

I love a good movie. I generally watch TCM because older movies seem to have so much more substance and not so much trashy reality.
Tonight, both my girls are sleeping away and so my beloved and I went to a sneak preview of Dan in Real Life. This movie stars Steve Carell from The Office. We were unsure what to expect as some of his movies are a tad bizarre and have more than a little ugly language. But this movie had a good love story, family values, no bad language, comedic moments and a satisfying ending. We enjoyed it. I give it my highest compliment: This how they used to make a movie.
We also liked the music which is original to the picture. I may get the soundtrack.

3 comments:

Susan said...

We LOVE The Office! Can't wait to see this movie.

Thanks for your sweet comment on the pics. It was fun to have them all at our house, with the parents taking photos!
Hugs...Susan

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Wow, am I glad to see this review. My daughter (almost 15) loves the Office, as do I, but I hate the risque parts. I know she will want to see this movie. I love the TCM movies, too!

Jan said...

Hi there!
Thanks so much for the tip. We felt the same way--love the OFFICE but some of his movies are just too much. I am so glad you and hubby got to to on a date.

I'm praying for you siesta!
Loveya,
Jan