Thursday, December 11, 2008


This is me with my two brothers and our dog, Duke. We had just moved to our new house which was only about 2 miles from where we were living. Duke would not stay moved and had gone missing for several weeks. The day this picture was made, my Uncle had come by to see my mama and try out his new camera. It just so happened that Duke came by, too.
I spent today working on my mama's Christmas present. Last time I visited her she mentioned that she didn't have any pictures of her children when they were little. This is totally NOT true, although the family photos from my childhood are limited. First, because we didn't have a camera and second, because in the aftermath of my parent's divorce the few photos we did have got scattered and misplaced. I made copies of the handful of pictures that I have and put them in a photo album for her. There were only enough photos for about half the book so I left the facing pages blank. She does have some photos tossed around, tucked in miscellaneous nooks and crannies that she could scrounge up and stick in the book if she wants. I think my brother has some he could copy for her, too.
It took me all day, but the project is finished, leaving me quite nostalgic.

2 comments:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

I have never been a camera person...still not so there are not alot of pictures taken even of my own kids....
I know I will regret that as I become older because the pics bring back memories of those times gone by.....
I thought it was sweet of you to gather some together for your mom.

He Knows My Name said...

You can really see the joy on your kids faces. Your little brother looks moved to tears at Duke's return.

I get the same way looking at old pictures.

Your mama is going to be real happy when whe gets this present. Your a good daughter Kathy and I am blessed to call you friend.

hugs to you. janel