Thursday, June 28, 2007

A rainy day


I've been out of sorts today. It's so hot and humid here. All week the weather people called for thunderstorms but it wasn't until this evening that the rain finally came. My mood, however, has been having a rainy day all day.
It started in the early hours of the morning when I dreamed a dream about my second son. I woke up upset, and in talking to God about him, I just cried and cried. I feel so much guilt over his wrong turn because I know I am to blame somewhat. I know God forgives me. I just hate to watch my son spiral down into the abyss of hopelessness and despair. I couldn't shake the feeling that he's lost his job and probably his room and what is he going to do?.
My bible study today asked the question: Am I ready to follow Jesus even when it looks like He has lost? I believe I am. I'm holding on ever so tightly to the truth that Jesus has a plan. He works everything to God's purpose.
In an odd way, I'm looking forward to ending my rainy day listening to the sound of the rain on my roof.

2 comments:

Darla said...

I understand the thought for rain, living in PA I am almost your neighbor! the humidity has been unbareable, and I am not complaining, but saying that I am so happy that Jesus saved me from hell. :)

Wanted to comment on your last two posts, and just want to remind you of something that i need to remember...Jesus gives do-overs, and HE does not condemn..HE removes it as far as the east is from the west, and will use all to HIS glory especially when we can't see it..that is the time to watch more intently!! HE is going to come through and it will be spectacular!! HE likes to set us back in awe. Keep watching and praying, and believe..HE is at work, and never takes a break or a nap..and doesn't grow weary. Love ya siesta! Princess Darla

Darla said...

Shout out to you my Siesta!
Praying that your day is going well, and that Jesus is just loving on you! P2P, Darla