Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year...resolution



I'd like to be among the multitudes of people who are NOT making New Year resolutions but, alas, I made the mistake of going to the doctor for my yearly check-up right before the holidays.  HAHAHA WHAT was I thinking?
The phone call came on the 23rd:  Cholesterol 257.  Must go on a STRICT low cholestrol, low calorie diet and return in 3 months. 
TADAAA  instant New Year's resolution!
Day 3 of that resolution and I'm doing OK: Walked 30 minutes today and yesterday.  No read meat and lots of fruit and veggies...and I don't mean my all time favorite veggie-french fries.  I think I feel my blood thinning.

3 comments:

nancygrayce said...

I have an appointment tomorrow and I know she's going to fuss at me! I'll be forced into some new ways of eating I'm sure! And more exercise. And by more, I mean start!

nancygrayce said...

I went to my doctor today and had gained 10 pounds in 6 months. I was so humiliated. I do hope I start exercising soon....either that or accept that I'm an old, fat woman!

Hunger Games Girl said...

Okay, I did not read this post, but what kept me from clicking the "Next Blog" button was the beautiful artwork on your title text. It is stunning. I wish I could design my blog like that. If you wish to give me some tips or feedback on my own blog, just visit eleventeengirls.blogspot.com and I would very much appreciate it! Thanks, I love your blog design!!!