Sunday, October 3, 2010

FibroWHAT?

So now I have muscle and joint pain that my doctor, very sweetly and calmly, explained to me is most likely fibromyalgia.   She ordered some blood tests  just to make sure it isn't anything else and assured me repeatedly that fibromyalgia can be treated and managed.

I looked up fibromyalgia on the internet.  It apparently is the diagnoses you get when the docs can't find anything else causing your symptoms.  I, on the other hand, think that I know what is causing my symptoms:  my son who is driving around without car insurance, smoking pot and refusing to grow up; my daughter who is freaking out about auditioning and her future and what to do with her boyfriend; my oldest son who rejects God and wants to be in comedy and is living in LA with no job; and my husband who needs constant tlc.  All add up to not only literal pains in the neck but pains in the feet and legs, too.

2 comments:

nancygrayce said...

I totally agree with your self diagnosis. As a mother to one drug/alcohol, go to jail all the time, irresponsible, never pays his bills son and one who is just plain irresponsible, I have had so many aches and pains and finally my doctor said STRESS! Although I hate everything being diagnosed as stress, it'll kill you!

My best suggestion is to find a good deep tissue massage therapist and go...that has helped me more than anything I've done. That and seeing a psychiatrist. She has also helped me see that I have to let go and the meds help too! The years of built up anxiety really take a toll on us, I think more women than men.

I do have two step sons who are responsible, both graduated college and have good jobs and I can talk to them like regular people. When I talk to mine for very long, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

Just thought you might like to know there are many others in this boat with you!

Susan said...

I have the same diagnosis. When my stress level goes up for awhile I suddenly find myself with all over joint pain, all over muscle pain, headaches, muscle spasms, blah blah blah.

Like now.

Working out really really helps. Walking my stress away truly does help me.

Praying you get some relief SOON.

Hugs.

Susan